Autumn of Crime Fighters – Law & Order: SVU Prize Pack Competition Terms and Conditions
Autumn of Crime Fighters – Law & Order: SVU Prize Pack Competition
Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 21 September 2017
“Competition”: Autumn of Crime Fighters – Law & Order: SVU Prize Pack Competition.
“Promoter’s Twitter Account”: No entry via Twitter.
“Promoter’s Facebook Page” Universal Channel UK with the URLhttps://en-gb.facebook.com/UniversalChannel
“Promoter’s Instagram Account”: No entry via Instagram.
“Minimum Age”: 18.
“Territory”: UK and Éire.
“Prize”: A prize bundle consisting of:
- 1 x “The Protector ” poster
- 1 x “ The Soldier” poster
- 1 x Law & Order: SVU T-shirt (one size)
- 1 x Universal Channel branded mug
- 1 x Universal Channel branded umbrella
- 1 x Universal Channel notebook
- 1 x Universal Channel USB stick
- 1 x Universal Channel sticky notes
“Starting Time”: 09:00:00 (GMT) on 13 October 2017.
“Closing Time”: 23:59:00 (GMT) on 19 October 2017.
“Selection Period”: From Closing Time until five (5) clear day(s) after the Closing Time (inclusive).
“Notification Period”: From Closing Time until ten (10) clear day(s) after the Closing Time (inclusive).
“Response Deadline”: Twenty One (21) days after the date of the Prize Notification (see paragraph 8 below).
“Delivery Timescale”: Up-to Twenty One (21) days from the date the Promoter receives a Response (see paragraph 8 below).
“Twitter Entry Limit”: No entry via Twitter.
“Facebook Entry Limit”: Once.
“Instagram Entry Limit”: No entry via Instagram.
By entering the Competition via Twitter and/or Facebook and/or Instagram, you acknowledge and agree that you accept and will be bound by the following terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) relating to the Competition.
1. PROMOTER: The promoter of the Competition is NBC Universal Global Networks UK Limited (“Promoter”), a company registered in England and Wales with Company Number 03522943 and whose registered address is at Central St Giles, St Giles High Street, London WC2H 8NU (“Registered Office”). If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the Competition, you can write to the Promoter at the Registered Office or email the Promoter at [email protected], marking your letter or email for the attention of The Universal Channel UK Marketing Team and giving the name of the Competition and details of the question or concern.
2. ELIGIBILITY: (a) AGE Entrants must be the Minimum Age or over. (b) RESIDENCE Entrants must be legally resident in the Territory. (c) EMPLOYEES The following entities or persons are not eligible to enter the Competition: (i) any employee or agent of the Promoter and their immediate families and household members; (ii) any employee of any entity within the same corporate group as the Promoter; (iii) any person who is, and any employee of any entity which is, involved in any way with the organisation, management, promotion and/or administration of the Competition, including without limitation any persons or entities providing the Prize. (d) INELIGIBLE ENTRIES The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion at any time to (i) ask any entrant for proof that they satisfy any and all applicable eligibility requirements and to (ii) disqualify an entrant from the Competition in accordance with paragraph 8 below if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, that entrant has not proved to the Promoter that they satisfy any and all eligibility requirements for the Competition.
3. SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS: (a) ENTRY MEDIA only where Promoter has listed the full details of the (i) Promoter Twitter Account; (ii) Promoter Facebook Page; and/or (iii) Promoter Instagram Account in the Definitions section above will entrants be able to enter the Competition using that form of social media (b) TWITTER If the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via Twitter, you can only enter if (i) you have a valid Twitter account which is not be set to “Protect My Tweets” (as we will not be able to see your entry) and (ii) you must follow the Promoter’s Twitter Account (so that the Promoter can notify you by Twitter direct message if you win the Competition). (c) FACEBOOK If the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via Facebook, you can only enter if you have a valid Facebook account, the Privacy Settings of which must not prevent the Promoter from contacting you by inbox message if you are selected as a winner. (d) INSTAGRAM if the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via Instagram you must have a valid Instagram account which must not be set to “Private” (as we will not be able to see your entry).
4. DATES: The Competition starts at the Starting Time Date and closes at the Closing Time. Any entries submitted before the Competition opens and/or after the Closing Time (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason) will be invalid and will not be entered into the Competition. Only eligible entries that appear on the Promoter’s applicable Twitter Account timeline and/or the Promoter’s Facebook Page timeline and/or the Promoter’s Instagram Account activity page between the Starting Time and the Closing Time will be entered into the Competition and the computer of the individual administering the Competition on behalf of the Promoter will be the official timekeeper for all matters relating to the Competition.
5. ENTRY: (a) TWITTER If the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via Twitter, entrants must follow the Competition instructions set out in, or which can be accessed via a hyperlink contained in, a tweet or series of tweets made by the Promoter on the Promoter’s Twitter Account (“Twitter Instructions”) to enter via Twitter. Because of the restriction on the number of characters contained in any individual tweet, the Competition Instructions and/or a hyperlink to the Competition Instructions may not be contained in every tweet relating to the Competition, but will be contained in at least one of a series of tweets relating to the Competition. If the hashtag and/or @reply required by the Competition Instructions is/are misspelt in any entry, then the entry will not be valid and will not be entered into the Competition. By using Twitter to enter the Competition, entrants agree that they are also bound by Twitter’s terms and conditions. (b) FACEBOOK If the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via Facebook, entrants must follow the Competition instructions set out on the Promoter Facebook Page or which can be accessed via a hyperlink contained in, a post or series of posts made by the Promoter on the Promoter’s Facebook Page (“Facebook Instructions”) to enter via Facebook. By using Facebook to enter the Competition, entrants agree that they are also bound by Facebook’s terms and conditions. (c) INSTAGRAM If the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via Instagram, entrants must follow the Competition instructions set out on the Promoter Instagram Account or which can be accessed via a hyperlink contained in, a post or series of posts made by the Promoter on the Promoter’s Instagram Account (“Instagram Instructions”) to enter via Instagram. By using Instagram to enter the Competition, entrants agree that they are also bound by Instagram’s terms and conditions. (d) GENERAL Once an entry is submitted, it cannot be amended in any way. The Promoter will not accept entries which (i) do not comply with the applicable Twitter Instructions, Facebook Instructions and/or Instagram Instructions (the foregoing together, “Competition Instructions”) and/or these T&Cs and/or (ii) entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, are illegible, unviewable, indecipherable, inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged and/or otherwise defective (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason). (e) MULTIPLE, AUTOMATED AND MACHINE ASSISTED ENTRIES The number of times an entrant may enter the Competition is restricted to the applicable Twitter Entry Limit, Facebook Entry Limit and/or Instagram Entry Limit (the forgoing together, the “Entry Limits” and each an “Entry Limit”) and entrants may not submit more entries than the number specified as the Entry Limit. If the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via more than one form of social media then you may enter the Competition via one or all valid forms of social media. Where any Entry Limit limits the number of entries on a “per day” basis, the day will start at 00:00:01 (GMT) and will end at 23:59:59 (GMT). Any entries made by an entrant in excess of the Entry Limit(s) will be invalid and will not be entered into the Competition. Entrants are not permitted to enter as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person or entity. The authorised holder of the applicable social media account used to enter the Competition will be deemed to be the Competition entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify, in accordance with paragraph 8 below, any entries which, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, appear to be multiple (in violation of the Entry Limit), bulk, automated, machine assisted, third party, syndicate and/or other group entries. (c) LOST ENTRIES The Promoter has no liability for any entry that is not received by the Promoter in accordance with these T&Cs and the Competition Instructions (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason). (d) SOCIAL MEDIA ACCESS The Promoter does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the internet, Twitter, the Promoter’s Twitter Account, Facebook, the Promoter’s Facebook Page, Instagram and/or the Promoter’s Instagram Account and has no liability for any technical issues whatsoever encountered by entrants to the Competition.
6. SELECTION OF WINNER: Within the Selection Period, the Promoter will randomly select one Competition winner (“Winner”) from the pool of entrants who are eligible to be entered into the random prize draw. The pool of entrants will be made up of all entrants who satisfy the eligibility requirements and the other rules, requirements and instructions set out in these T&Cs and the Competition Instructions and have not otherwise been disqualified from the Competition pursuant to these T&Cs. The random selection of the Winner will be made by (i) a computer process that produces verifiably random results, (ii) by an independent person, (iii) under the supervision of an independent person and/or (iv) in accordance with any other requirements of the laws and regulations applicable to the Competition in the Territory. Provided that the Promoter complies with these T&Cs and (where applicable) ensures that any independent selection process complies with these T&Cs, the selection of the Winner is final and binding and no correspondence relating to selection of the Winner will be entered into by the Promoter.
7. PRIZE: (a) GENERAL The Winner will win the Prize. The Prize is strictly non-transferable, non-exchangeable and may not be re-sold. No cash or any other alternative is available for the Prize. If the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute it with a prize that the Promoter reasonably deems to be of at least the same value. The Prize does not include and/or cover any costs, taxes, fees, expenses and/or arrangements not expressly specified in the Prize description (“Ancillary Costs”). The Winner is solely responsible for any and all Ancillary Costs and the Promoter is not liable to reimburse a Winner for any Ancillary Costs they incur. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to the Prize and, to the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter will have no liability to the Winner in relation to the Prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. The Promoter will have no liability in respect of the Prize if it is lost or stolen following delivery. (b) CHEQUES, VOUCHERS AND GIFTCARDS If the Prize is, or includes, a cheque, voucher, store credit and/or giftcard, these will be issued in the name of the Winner only and cannot be issued to any third party. The Promoter will have no liability in respect of such a Prize if a third party refuses to accept a cheque, voucher, storecredit and/or giftcard because it has been tampered with, defaced, duplicated, damaged in any way and/or because it is no longer valid. The terms and conditions of any third party that issued and/or administers the cheque, voucher, store credit and/or giftcard will apply and the Promoter will have no liability in respect of such a Prize if a third party’s terms and conditions result in the winner being unable to use any element of the Prize or restrict Winner’s use of the Prize in any way.
8. PRIZE CONFIRMATION AND ACCEPTANCE: (a) TWITTER If the Winner entered the Competition via Twitter, within the Notification Period, the Promoter will notify the Winner that they have won the Prize by sending a direct message (“Twitter Notification”) to the Twitter account used by the Winner to enter the Competition (“Winner’s Twitter Account”). (b) FACEBOOK If the Winner entered the Competition via Facebook, within the Notification Period, the Promoter will notify the Winner that they have won the Prize by sending an inbox message (“Facebook Notification”) to the Facebook account used by the Winner to enter the Competition (“Winner’s Facebook Account”) (c) INSTAGRAM If the Winner entered the Competition via Instagram, within the Notification Period, the Promoter will notify the Winner that they have won the Prize by posting using the Promoter’s Instagram Account and mentioning the Instagram account used by the Winner to enter the Competition (“Winner’s Instagram Account”) (d) ACCEPTANCE The Promoter must receive a response (“Response”) from the Winner to the applicable Twitter Notification, Facebook Notification and/or Facebook Notification (the foregoing together, “Prize Notification”) by no later than the Response Deadline. The Response must be sent to the Promoter in accordance with the instructions contained in the Prize Notification and must include any information requested by the Promoter in the Prize Notification (including without limitation any information requested by the Promoter to prove that the Winner satisfies the Competition eligibility requirements) and the Prize will not be released to the Winner unless and until all such information has been received by the Promoter. If, prior to the Response Deadline, (i) the Promoter does not receive a Response, (ii) the Response received by the Promoter does not include all information requested by the Promoter in the Prize Notification and/or (iii) the Promoter is unable to contact the Winner via Prize Notification, the Promoter reserves the right to deem the Prize forfeited and may, in its sole discretion, select another winner. Proof of sending a Response does not constitute proof of receipt of the Response. Subject to Promoter receiving a Response and all information requested by the Promoter prior to the Response Deadline, the Prize will be delivered to the Winner in accordance with the Delivery Timescale.
9. FACEBOOK: If the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via Facebook: (a) Entrants to this Competition release Facebook from any consequences or obligations arising as a direct result of entering this Competition; (b) This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook; and (c) Information disclosed solely to the Promoter as part of this Competition is not disclosed by the Promoter to Facebook.
10. DISQUALIFICATION: The Promoter is entitled in its sole discretion at any time to disqualify any entrant and/or any individual entry from the Competition without any liability on the Promoter’s part if (i) that entrant and/or entry fails to comply with these T&Cs and/or the Competition requirements in any way and/or (ii) the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that that entrant has acted fraudulently, dishonestly, inappropriately and/or improperly in connection with the Competition. Without limitation, if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that any entry has been generated by a script, software, macro or other automated means then the Promoter will be entitled to disqualify that entry and the relevant entrant in accordance with this paragraph. If a disqualified entrant is the Winner, the Promoter has the right to deem the Prize forfeited and, if the Prize has already been delivered to the Winner, the Promoter shall be entitled to recover the Prize from the Winner at the Winner’s cost.
11. WINNER’S DATA: The Promoter reserves the right to publish in all media and to disclose to third parties the Winner’s first name, surname and area of residence (“Winner’s Data”). The Winner’s Data can be obtained by sending a written request to the Registered Office marked for the attention of the Universal Channel UK Marketing Team, stating the name of the Competition and enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope.
12. PUBLICITY: The Winner may be required by the Promoter to participate in publicity in connection with the Competition, their Prize and/or the Promoter and by entering the Competition all entrants agree that if they win the Competition they will, participate in and cooperate with the Promoter in connection with any publicity activity reasonably requested by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree that copyright in any publicity materials in which they and/or their details appear is the property of the Promoter and that the Promoter will be entitled to exploit such publicity materials in any and all media throughout the world in any manner it deems fit.
14. CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENT: The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, postpone and/or amend the Competition and/or these T&Cs at any time without prior notice if any unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control make it reasonably necessary or prudent to do so.
15. SEVERABILITY: If any part of these T&Cs is be determined to be illegal, void and/or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such part shall be severed and deleted, to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability, and the remaining parts of these T&Cs shall remain in full force and shall continue to be binding and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
16. RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES: These T&Cs do not create any right or benefit enforceable by any person not a party to them (within the meaning of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999).
17. JURISDICTION: These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Promoter and all entrants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.