Terms & Conditions
You must be at least 13 years of age or older to use the forums on the Website.
If you choose to register and become a member of the Website you will be asked to provide a registration username and password. This user name and password will provide you with access to our website and may also provide you with access to certain other Universal TV websites operated by related channels in other countries. Your username and password are personal to you and must be used only by and strictly in accordance with these terms and conditions.
If you have opted in to receive further details about Universal TV and our related services, then we may contact you by email or by SMS message with details of other programmes, events, competitions, website activities or other services offered by Universal TV that we believe may be of interest to you. If you have opted in to receive further details from our related and commercial partners, then you may be contacted by email or by SMS message with details of such party's own events, programmes, competitions or other services.
Cancelling Your Registration or Unsubscribing
You can unsubscribe to all communications from Universal TV and/or our related and commercial partners by following the unsubscribe links on the mails. Alternatively, you can cancel your membership for the Website by emailing us here and we will cancel your registration to our websites and cease sending any emails or communications
The copyright and all other rights in the material on this Website are owned by Universal TV or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. As a visitor to this Website, you may download a single copy of the material for your own private viewing purposes only. Unless we give you express written permission, you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sublicense or create derivative works from the Website, which includes any information and software made available via the Website.
Information, Availability and Links to Other Sites
While Universal TV takes every care to ensure that the information on this Website is accurate and complete, some of it is supplied to Universal TV by third parties and Universal TV is unable to check its accuracy or completeness.
You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for services or information provided by third parties on the Website or for the availability of any other websites or material you access through the Website, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, transactions, products or services on or available from such third parties or from websites or other material you access through the Website, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused, or alleged to be caused, by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products or services available from such third parties or available on or from such websites or other material.
Any dealings between you and any third party accessed on or via the Website, including payment for and delivery of products, services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations, associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the relevant third party. You agree not to hold us liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings, or to involve us in any dispute between yourselves and the third parties.
This Website is provided "as is"; without any warranties of any kind and Universal TV does not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information available on or via the Website or interruption in availability of the Website.
Suspension of the Website
We reserve the right to:
Additionally, we reserve the right to suspend, restrict, or terminate access to the Website for any reason at any time.
Limit of Liability
We exclude, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, and save in respect of death or personal injury arising from our negligence, all liability for any claims, losses, demands and damages arising directly or indirectly out of or in any way connected with the Website and/or any services offered via the Website from time to time. This exclusion shall apply in respect of, without limitation, any interruption of service, lost profits, loss of contracts or business opportunity, loss of data, or any other consequential, incidental, special, or punitive damages, arising out of the Website, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, whether arising in contract, tort, under statute or otherwise.
Promotions and Competitions
From time to time Universal TV (or selected third parties) may offer other competitions, promotions or other offers in addition to the one described above on the Website. Each such offer shall be subject to its own express terms and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Your Obligations to Us
You agree not to use the Website such that you cause the whole or part of the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or in any way impaired.
To the extent to which your use or the use by any person who may be authorised by you or for whom you are responsible (for example, as employer) causes loss or damage to us or any person, you agree to indemnify us immediately on demand in relation to any such losses or damages attributable to us, including where necessary any legal, administrative or technical charges that may arise from such use.
Whenever you submit any material to the Website (including without limitation any text, graphics, video or audio) you grant Universal TV a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicenseable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such work worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media. If you do not wish to grant such rights to Universal TV it is suggested that you do not submit your contribution to the Website.
By submitting your contribution to the Website you also:
(i) warrant that such contribution is your own original work;
(ii) agree to indemnify Universal TV against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Universal TV as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
(iii) agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for all the purposes specified herein.
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and specific terms appearing elsewhere on the Website relating to specific material, the latter shall prevail.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by reason of the laws in any state or country in which they are intended to be effective, then to the extent that such Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 23 November 2018
“Competition”: The competition entitled ‘Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again’.
“Prize”: 1 x Mamma Mia branded beach towel; 1 x Mamma Mia branded notebook; 1 x Mamma Mia branded beach bag; 1 x copy of ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again 2-Movie Collection’ on DVD or Blu-ray (Winner will be asked to state format preference upon Prize Notification).
“Number of Winners”: One (1).
“Promoter’s Facebook Page”: https://www.facebook.com/UniversalTVuk/ .
“Minimum Age”: 18.
“Territory”: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
“Entry Limit”: Once.
“Starting Time”: 13:00:00 (Greenwich Mean Time) on 26 November 2018.
“Closing Time”: 13:00:00 (Greenwich Mean Time) on 3 December 2018.
“Selection Period”: From Closing Time until 00:00:00 (Greenwich Mean Time) on 06 December 2018 (inclusive).
“Notification Period”: From Closing Time until 00:00:00 (Greenwich Mean Time) on 13 December 2018 (inclusive).
“Response Deadline”: 00:00:00 (Greenwich Mean Time) on 27 December 2018.
“Delivery Timescale”: The Winner will receive the Prize by 00:00:00 (Greenwich Mean Time) on 17 January 2018.
By entering the Competition via Facebook, you acknowledge and agree that you accept and will be bound by the following terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) relating to the Competition.
1. PROMOTER: The promoter of the Competition is NBC Universal Global Networks UK Limited (“Promoter”), a company registered in England and Wales with Company Number 03522943 and whose registered address is at is at 1 Central Saint Giles, St Giles High Street, London, WC2H 8NU (“Registered Office”). If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the Competition, you can write to the Promoter at the Registered Office or email the Promoter at [email protected], marking your letter or email for the attention of the Universal TV Marketing Team and giving the name of the Competition and details of the question or concern.
2. ELIGIBILITY: (a) AGE Entrants must be the Minimum Age or over. (b) RESIDENCE Entrants must be legally resident in the Territory. (c) EMPLOYEES The following entities or persons are not eligible to enter the Competition: (i) any employee or agent of the Promoter and their immediate families and household members; (ii) any employee of any entity within the same corporate group as the Promoter; (iii) any person who is, and any employee of any entity which is, involved in any way with the organisation, management, promotion and/or administration of the Competition, including without limitation any persons or entities providing the Prize. (d) INELIGIBLE ENTRIES The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion at any time to (i) ask any entrant for proof that they satisfy any and all applicable eligibility requirements and to (ii) disqualify an entrant from the Competition in accordance with paragraph 10 below if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, that entrant has not proved to the Promoter that they satisfy any and all eligibility requirements for the Competition.
3. SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT: You can only enter the Competition if you have a valid Facebook account, the Privacy Settings of which must not prevent the Promoter from contacting you by inbox message if you are selected as a winner.
4. DATES: The Competition starts at the Starting Time and closes at the Closing Time. Any entries submitted before the Competition opens and/or after the Closing Time (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason) will be invalid and will not be entered into the Competition. Only eligible entries that appear on the Promoter’s Facebook Page timeline between the Starting Time and the Closing Time will be entered into the Competition and the computer of the individual administering the Competition on behalf of the Promoter will be the official timekeeper for all matters relating to the Competition.
5. ENTRY: (a) FACEBOOK Entrants must follow the Competition instructions set out on the Promoter Facebook Page or which can be accessed via a hyperlink contained in a post or series of posts made by the Promoter on the Promoter’s Facebook Page to enter via Facebook (“Competition Instructions”). By using Facebook to enter the Competition, entrants agree that they are also bound by Facebook’s terms and conditions. (b) GENERAL Once an entry is submitted, it cannot be amended in any way. The Promoter will not accept entries which (i) do not comply with the Competition Instructions and/or these T&Cs and/or (ii) entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, are illegible, unviewable, indecipherable, inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged and/or otherwise defective (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason). (c) MULTIPLE, AUTOMATED AND MACHINE ASSISTED ENTRIES The number of times an entrant may enter the Competition is restricted to the Entry Limit and entrants may not submit more entries than the number specified as the Entry Limit. If the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via more than one form of social media then you may enter the Competition via one or all valid forms of social media. Where any Entry Limit limits the number of entries on a “per day” basis, the day will start at 00:00:01 (Greenwich Mean Time) and will end at 23:59:59 (Greenwich Mean Time). Any entries made by an entrant in excess of the Entry Limit(s) will be invalid and will not be entered into the Competition. Entrants are not permitted to enter as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person or entity. The authorised holder of the applicable social media account used to enter the Competition will be deemed to be the Competition entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify, in accordance with paragraph 10 below, any entries which, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, appear to be multiple (in violation of the Entry Limit), bulk, automated, machine assisted, third party, syndicate and/or other group entries. (d) LOST ENTRIES The Promoter has no liability for any entry that is not received by the Promoter in accordance with these T&Cs and the Competition Instructions (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason). (e) SOCIAL MEDIA ACCESS The Promoter does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the internet, Facebook or the Promoter’s Facebook Page and has no liability for any technical issues whatsoever encountered by entrants to the Competition.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Within the Selection Period, the Promoter will randomly select the Number of Winners from the pool of entrants who are eligible to be entered into the random prize draw (“Winners” and each a “Winner”). The pool of entrants will be made up of all entrants who satisfy the eligibility requirements and the other rules, requirements and instructions set out in these T&Cs and the Competition Instructions and have not otherwise been disqualified from the Competition pursuant to these T&Cs. The random selection of the Winners will be made by (i) a computer process that produces verifiably random results, (ii) by an independent person, (iii) under the supervision of an independent person and/or (iv) in accordance with any other requirements of the laws and regulations applicable to the Competition in the Territory. Provided that the Promoter complies with these T&Cs and (where applicable) ensures that any independent selection process complies with these T&Cs, the selection of the Winners will be final and binding and no correspondence relating to selection of any Winner will be entered into by the Promoter.
7. PRIZE: (a) GENERAL The Winners will each win the Prize. The Prize is strictly non-transferable, non-exchangeable and may not be re-sold. No cash or any other alternative is available for the Prize. If the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute it with a prize that the Promoter reasonably deems to be of at least the same value. The Prize does not include and/or cover any costs, taxes, fees, expenses and/or arrangements not expressly specified in the Prize description (“Ancillary Costs”). Each Winner will be solely responsible for any and all Ancillary Costs and the Promoter is not liable to reimburse any Winner for any Ancillary Costs they incur. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to the Prize and, to the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter will have no liability to any Winner in relation to the Prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. The Promoter will have no liability in respect of the Prize if it is lost or stolen following delivery. (b) CHEQUES, VOUCHERS AND GIFTCARDS If the Prize is, or includes, a cheque, voucher, store credit and/or giftcard, these will be issued in the name of the relevant Winner only and cannot be issued to any third party. The Promoter will have no liability in respect of such a Prize if a third party refuses to accept a cheque, voucher, storecredit and/or giftcard because it has been tampered with, defaced, duplicated, damaged in any way and/or because it is no longer valid. The terms and conditions of any third party that issued and/or administers the cheque, voucher, store credit and/or giftcard will apply and the Promoter will have no liability in respect of such a Prize if a third party’s terms and conditions result in a Winner being unable to use any element of the Prize or restrict such Winner’s use of the Prize in any way.
8. PRIZE CONFIRMATION AND ACCEPTANCE: (a) NOTIFICATION Within the Notification Period, the Promoter will notify each Winner that they have won the Prize by sending an inbox message (“Prize Notification”) to the Facebook account used by such Winner to enter the Competition (b) ACCEPTANCE The Promoter must receive a response (“Response”) from each Winner to the Prize Notification by no later than the Response Deadline. The Response must be sent to the Promoter in accordance with the instructions contained in the Prize Notification and must include any information requested by the Promoter in the Prize Notification (including without limitation any information requested by the Promoter to prove that a Winner satisfies the Competition eligibility requirements) and the Prize will not be released to any Winner unless and until all such information has been received by the Promoter. If, prior to the Response Deadline, (i) the Promoter does not receive a Response, (ii) the Response received by the Promoter does not include all information requested by the Promoter in the Prize Notification and/or (iii) the Promoter is unable to contact a Winner via Prize Notification, the Promoter reserves the right to deem the Prize forfeited and may, in its sole discretion, select another winner. Proof of sending a Response does not constitute proof of receipt of the Response. Subject to Promoter receiving a Response and all information requested by the Promoter prior to the Response Deadline, the Prize will be delivered to each Winner in accordance with the Delivery Timescale.
9. FACEBOOK: (a) Entrants to this Competition release Facebook from any consequences or obligations arising as a direct result of entering this Competition; (b) This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook; and (c) Information disclosed solely to the Promoter as part of this Competition is not disclosed by the Promoter to Facebook.
10. DISQUALIFICATION: The Promoter is entitled in its sole discretion at any time to disqualify any entrant and/or any individual entry from the Competition without any liability on the Promoter’s part if (i) that entrant and/or entry fails to comply with these T&Cs and/or the Competition requirements in any way and/or (ii) the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that that entrant has acted fraudulently, dishonestly, inappropriately and/or improperly in connection with the Competition. Without limitation, if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that any entry has been generated by a script, software, macro or other automated means then the Promoter will be entitled to disqualify that entry and the relevant entrant in accordance with this paragraph. If a disqualified entrant is a Winner, the Promoter has the right to deem the Prize forfeited and, if the Prize has already been delivered to that Winner, the Promoter shall be entitled to recover the Prize from such Winner at that Winner’s cost.
11. WINNERS’ DATA: The Promoter reserves the right to publish in all media and to disclose to third parties each Winner’s first name, surname and area of residence (“Winners’ Data”). The Winners’ Data can be obtained by sending a written request to the Registered Office marked for the attention of the Universal TV Marketing Team, stating the name of the Competition and enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope.
12. PUBLICITY: The Winners may be required by the Promoter to participate in publicity in connection with the Competition, their Prize and/or the Promoter and by entering the Competition all entrants agree that if they win the Competition they will participate in and cooperate with the Promoter in connection with any publicity activity reasonably requested by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree that copyright in any publicity materials in which they and/or their details appear is the property of the Promoter and that the Promoter will be entitled to exploit such publicity materials in any and all media throughout the world in any manner it deems fit.
14. CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENT: The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, postpone and/or amend the Competition and/or these T&Cs at any time without prior notice if any unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control make it reasonably necessary or prudent to do so.
15. SEVERABILITY: If any part of these T&Cs is determined to be illegal, void and/or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such part shall be severed and deleted, to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability, and the remaining parts of these T&Cs shall remain in full force and shall continue to be binding and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
16. RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES: These T&Cs do not create any right or benefit enforceable by any person not a party to them (within the meaning of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999).
17. JURISDICTION: These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Promoter and all entrants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.